onsdag 17 oktober 2012

You had me at meat tornado.

Wow, the third post in two days, I'm amazed by myself!

Anyway, I mentioned in the previous post that I am a nerd when it comes to TV shows. So, I thought maybe I'd recommend a list of some of my favorites to you! They're not arranged in any specific order, but I'll write either a brief or super long comment about each. I'm afraid I can't post all of the best TV shows in the world in just one post, so I will make one now and continue to do more when I've got time. Here they come:

  • Parks and Recreation:  if you enjoy shows such as The Office (U.K or U.S), this is something you just HAVE to watch. The main character Leslie Knope is played by the amazing Amy Poehler. Leslie is an energetic, ambitious, annoyingly good hearted bureaucrat in the parks department of Pawnee, Indiana and we get to follow her and her brilliant co-workers in the parks department, all with various, interesting personalities. The show is filmed as a mockumentary. The first 2 or 3 episodes first seemed to me like a total ripoff of The Office, but it quickly won my heart over and I find the show unique and h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s. Some other actors starring the show are Aubrey Plaza (April Ludgate, the sarcastic, evil minded intern), Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson, only working for the government so he can slow it down, he's my idol), Rashida Jones (Leslies best friend who's always helpful, rational and some how one of the few "normal" characters, however, she's awesome and has her hilarious moments too). If there's  just one comedy show I'd tell you to watch, it's Parks and Recreation. 


  • Californication:  The writer, player and father Hank Moody is one of those bad boys you'd like your present/future daughter to stay away from. However, what makes this character special, is that he is not portrayed as only that, but you get picture of him as a man who wants to do the right thing but is just lost and cocky enough to get himself in trouble each time he tries. An extremely well produced show with great actors as main character David Duchovny, Natascha McElhone and Evan Handler. If you wanna watch something with rock n' roll, L.A beaches, fantastic well-written drama and great characers, it's this. I thought I'd get tired by the fact that Hank Moody always screws up and never develops, but that's not the case, the show is too good and changes a lot actually. WATCH. 


  • The Office US: The Office is originally British and I know many love the UK version better and hates the US. version, but I feel the other way. Could be because I began with watching the US version and when I tried to watch UK's, I just couldn't see the same charm. Anyway, the Office US is starring Steve Carrell, Rainn Wilson and many other amazing actors. Need I say more? It's a mockumentary about the staff working for the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company and their carriers there, but also their personal lives. If you like Parks and Recreation, you'll like this, and vice versa. Just watch it, OK?


  •  How I Met Your Mother: I've re-watched the whole show like 5 times, do you really need me to tell you more than that? No but seriously, Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Neil Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan and Cobie Smulders. Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) is telling his kids the story about how he met their mother from a early beginning to a veeery late end, and we, the audience, are watching his story as a show. What is unique about this sitcom is how advanced and well weaved the different episodes are linked together. And the actors, they really make the best of their characters, and anyone not agreeing with me hasn't watched the show enough. I agree that there has been one or two stiff momentums for all the actors, but it doesn't matter in my opinion. Because they work great together and the show is just one of those unique sitcoms you want more and more of and no one could do it like them.



Ok, those are my recommendations for today, they are all FABULOUS shows, so watch them all.
I'll recommend some more later this week.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar